This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
Ahh, New Year’s Day. A time to think about the resolutions I set last year and a time to think of new ones for the next year. My goals for 2014 were:
- Pick up running- HA. I ran for a few weeks, and then I started a new job and stopped.
- Grow my blog- Ehh, a little bit. There’s still a lot of work I’d like to make on it, though.
- Save money- Complete! It’s still a work in progress, though.
- Buy a car- Complete! I love my little Daisy 🙂
- Go on vacation by myself- Because of number 3, this was a no go. Maybe after I pay off all my debt.
- Prepare for graduate school- Nope. Grad school is on hold for the time being.
- Strengthen my faith- A little, but not enough.
- Be content in all circumstances- For the most part.
I was reading Beth’s post recently (and by recently I mean in November) and one of the things she said really stuck out to me. She explained why she doesn’t like the phrase “wanderlust” because it breeds discontentment. Instead, she explained how she likes the phrase “Adventure is right here.”
I feel like I’m always looking to the next great thing instead of just enjoying the here and now. I know everyone tends to do that, but I’m especially bad at it. I’m not just the type to sit still. I’m always on the move. (Which is why being sick over Thanksgiving week was so hard for me!) Literally, I spent 12 out of 15 weekends this summer out of town.
My goal for 2015 is to enjoy the stage of life I’m in at this very moment. No looking forward to things that may or may not happen. Just take life as it comes. Adventure is right here.