This post contains affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
I had planned to write more about the trip to Louisiana, thoughts on engagement, etc. but I haven’t had time. Instead, here’s a pre-written post!
Ahh, the beginning of a new year. There’s something about it that I love. Maybe it’s the idea of a fresh start, or maybe it’s the happiness hangover from the holiday season making you feel like you can conquer the world. Either way, I love it.
Last year, I didn’t make any resolutions other than a simple saying: “Adventure is right here.” And you know what? It was a great year. I paid off thousands of dollars of debt, settled into my career, and of course, met the love of my life 🙂
For 2016, I want to outline a few goals. I’m hoping my blog readers will keep me accountable, and I’m planning to do a check-in every now and then to see how I’m doing.
1. Get married!!! This is by far the biggest goal I have for the year 🙂 I can’t wait to marry Andy and be his wife.
a. Pay cash for a wedding. I’m hoping to save up $6,000 (including my tax return) which should cover most of the wedding expenses. Andy and I have a friendly competition to see who can save the most money for the wedding. Sweetheart, if you’re reading this, I’m so going to kick your butt 😉
2. Pass my PHR certification. In June, I can officially test for the Professional in Human Resources certification, although I’m not planning to test until the end of the year as I want to take a prep course or two. This will hopefully help my HR career.
3. Visit one new country and 2-3 new states. Andy and I both have the same passion of traveling, specifically visiting all 50 states and as many countries as we can. This goal was actually his idea, and I’m excited to pursue something together. We’re hoping to travel internationally for the honeymoon, since I’m dying to use my passport at least once before I get a new one thanks to the name change.
4. Make big strides in my blog. I’m hoping to redesign the layout, convert to WordPress, and begin writing sponsored posts, among other things. (Side note: My sister Brittany is getting into web design and I am so excited!)
5. Complete a 5k. Another goal inspired by Andy. Since I’m planning to only work 40 hours a week (at most) once we get married, I would love to get physically fit. Or at least walk up the stairs without feeling out of breath 😉
6. Read forty-five books. I’m hoping to make it through about half of the books on my shelf (that have never been read) so forty-five books is a pretty nice goal. It’s a little less than 4 per month.
7. Trust in the Lord with all my heart (based on Proverbs 3:5-6). Last year my faith-related goal was to read two devotionals every single day for the year, and I did it! I still plan to read a few devotionals a day, but this year, I want to especially focus on trusting God for the plans He has for me in the midst of the changes in my life.
I also wanted to pick a Bible verse for the year. I settled on my verse rather quickly. Thinking about everything that 2016 has in store for me, this verse is quite fitting.
Do you pick a Bible verse for the year?
Linking up with: One Little Word