This post contains affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
Since we’re over halfway through the year, I thought it would be fun to look back at my 2016 New Year’s Resolutions for a little check-up. I’m actually quite pleased with what I’ve accomplished so far this year and have high hopes for the remainder of the year!
1. Get married!!! and 1a. Pay cash for a wedding. On June 12, 2016, I happily became Mrs. Andrew Cummins. We didn’t quite pay cash for a wedding, but we did sock away as much money as we could for the wedding/honeymoon/building our house. I’m not upset about this in the least, and shared why Andy and I took out loans for our wedding in this post.
2. Pass my PHR certification. Bummer news: I’m not eligible to sit for the PHR, since my HR employment was hourly and not salaried. I do plan to sit for a similar certification (the SHRM-CP) and I’m currently taking a prep course this fall. So, I’m still working on this goal, albeit in a different way than I had imagined. I’m planning to take the exam in February 2017.
3. Visit one new country and 2-3 new states. We visited Jamaica on our honeymoon, but we haven’t done any other traveling since then! Money is going to be a little tight for a while, but that’s okay. We’ll probably just stick to local camping trips for the time being, which I’m actually looking forward to because I haven’t really seen much of central and eastern Kentucky.
4. Make big strides in my blog. I have had more time to devote to the blog in the past few months than I did before. I recently redesigned my site, as well as wrote some sponsored posts, so I’m quite excited! I’m also switching over to WordPress. I’m not quite done with this goal for the year, but it’s safe to say Becoming Bailey has come very far this year!
5. Complete a 5k. I haven’t yet walked an official 5k, but I’ve been doing 5ks at the gym and loving it! Andy bought us a used treadmill at a steal of a deal, and I’m excited to work out from the comfort of our house! 🙂
6. Read forty-five books. As of the time of writing this post, I’ve already read 48 books for the year– which means I knocked this goal out of the park! I’m hoping to continue to read 1 book a week until the end of the year, making me finish the year with around 75 completed books or more. There’s just another 100 on my bookshelf, waiting to be read 🙂
7. Trust in the Lord with all my heart (based on Proverbs 3:5-6). This is a goal that I don’t want to count as accomplished yet but I have been working on. I’ve been working hard to trust Him in my adjustment to marriage and my job search. I think I’m doing pretty good, but there’s always room for improvement when it comes to the Lord!