Welcome to Becoming Bailey! I’m Bailey, a 20s-something Army wife, bookworm, and Criminal Justice major turned Administrative Professional. I started this blog way back in 2012, when I was a college junior at Murray State University, as a way of recording my college memories. Although I still cry when I read my college graduation recaps, I’m here to tell you that life after college only gets sweeter.
In 2015, I met my now-husband, Andrew. Although our relationship evolved quickly, I absolutely love our love story. Andy’s a frequent face around this blog (be sure to say hi to him from time to time!) and my #1 blog supporter. Recording our love story and Army adventures is the main reason behind this blog.
Becoming Bailey is a place where I share my thoughts about marriage, military life, and my faith with others. It is my hope that I can use my blog as a place to inspire others and share positivity, even in the midst of life challenges. Everyone has a story to tell, and this is my space to share my story. Some of my favorite topics to discuss include our debt-free journey, life at Fort Knox, and our travels.
Thanks for stopping by! Grab a coffee (or if you’re like me, a grape soda) and take a look around. You never know, you might have just found your new best friend!
And because everyone loves random facts:
- I’m a triplet! I love being a triplet because my sisters and I have a bond that most siblings don’t have.
- My college GPA was a 3.91 (all A’s except for 3 B’s) and I graduated from college a semester early. I’ll be the first to tell you that a really high GPA is overrated, but I’m still proud of all of my hard work!
- I have a cat named Gracie (that Andy gave me when he proposed) and a dog named Lily. I consider them my fur-children.
- I love marking things off my bucket list.
- I’m terrified of airplanes but I don’t let that stop me from seeing the world.