Welcome to Becoming Bailey! I’m Bailey, a 20s-something Army wife, bookworm, and Criminal Justice major/Human Resources professional turned housewife and blogger. I started this blog way back in 2012, when I was a college junior, as a way of recording my college memories. Although I still cry when I read my college graduation recaps, I’m here to tell you that life after college only gets sweeter.
In 2015, I met my now-husband, Andrew. Although our relationship evolved quickly, I absolutely love our love story. Andy’s a frequent face around this blog (be sure to say hi to him from time to time!) and my #1 blog supporter. Recording our love story and Army adventures is the main reason behind this blog.
Becoming Bailey is a place where I share my thoughts about marriage, military life, and my faith with others. I firmly believe that everyone has a story to tell, and this is my space to share my story as well as learn the stories of my blog readers. Some of my favorite topics to discuss include our debt-free journey, life at Fort Knox, and our travels. Although my sense of humor doesn’t always reflect well online, occasionally I’ll write a hilariously snarky post, like my online dating chronicles (which my husband still gets a kick out of, especially since we met online!)
Thanks for stopping by! Grab a coffee (or if you’re like me, a grape soda) and take a look around. You never know, you might have just found your new best friend!
And because everyone loves random facts:
- I’m a triplet! I love being a triplet because my sisters and I have a bond that most siblings don’t have.
- My college GPA was a 3.91 (all A’s except for 3 B’s) and I graduated from college a semester early. I’ll be the first to tell you that a really high GPA is overrated, but I’m still proud of all of my hard work!
- I have a cat named Gracie (that Andy gave me when he proposed) and a dog named Lily. I consider them my fur-children.
- I love marking things off my bucket list.
- I’m terrified of airplanes but I don’t let that stop me from seeing the world.
- I graduated from Murray State University in 2013 and will forever proclaim my alma mater as the best college ever. (Not that I’m biased or anything!)