This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
What I’m willing to sacrifice:
- A great social life. When the young adults group from church goes out to dinner, I just go home.
- A gym membership. I’d love to get in shape, but right now I just can’t afford $50+ a month for a gym membership.
- My blog. It’s no secret that my dream is to grow this little space of mine, but right now I can’t put the time or money into this blog, since I’m side hustling and using every penny to pay down debt.
- Big vacations. I would love to travel the world while I’m young, but right now that just isn’t feasible.
- Eating out. It’s a real treat when I spent $2.50 at Taco Bell.
- Online dating. It’s expensive, and since I’m taking the year off from dating, there’s no reason for me to have a membership right now.
What I’m not willing to sacrifice:
- My entire social life. I still make it a point to budget for one outing with friends each month.
- My cats. Having pets is expensive, but these little bundles of fur make my life complete. I would never get rid of them just to save a few pennies.
- My iPhone. Since I’m on Mamaw’s family plan, I only have to pay $25 a month for my portion of the data, texts, and calls. You can’t beat that!
- Small trips, like the Renew Retreat and visiting Lydia in North Carolina. For just a couple hundred dollars, I was able to get out of my normal routine and relax.
- Cable. This is actually a hot topic for me, as I don’t watch a lot of cable. (I use Netflix instead.) But as part of living at home, I pay some of the bills– including the cable bill. Our cable is combined with internet, and I do want the internet. I’ve thought about taking out the cable, but decided that wasn’t fair to my mom since she watches television. So, you win some, you lose some.
- Gifts. While I don’t plan on spending a fortune on gifts, I refuse to be the cheapskate that doesn’t give co-workers and friends Christmas gifts.
Overall, I think I’m maintaining a good balance of sacrificing without losing my soul.