This post contains affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
2. Walk my first 5k in under an hour. Check! I did this on March 13th and I’m so proud of myself. I was feeling the burn though! My goal is to walk a 5k every other week.
5. Hang out with my friend Jessie. Jessie, if you’re reading this, I would publicly like to apologize for being a bad friend. Actually, that goes for all of my real-life friends. Sorry I haven’t seen you since…. I can’t even remember when.
6. Finish season 2 of The Office. Nope, not even close.
9. Attend my first Army promotion ceremony with my fiance. Check! I haven’t posted about it yet because we’re waiting on the official pictures from the PAO. Which if the previous month’s payday activities photos is any indication, it could be a while…
10. Celebrate my first Easter with Andy and my family. I had a lovely Easter with Andy and my family, which I will blog about eventually.
11. Attend a marriage retreat hosted by a local church. Unfortunately, Andy’s grandma was sick, so we opted to skip the retreat and visit her instead. Thankfully, another local church is having a marriage retreat in April and we’ll hopefully get to go to this one.7.5 of 11. Not bad! Now, time for my April goals.
1. Work out 2-3 times a week. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I can go on walks outside. It’s a 2 mile loop around the downtown area, so I think I’m going to alternate longer 5ks at the gym (preferably on weekends) with shorter 2 mile walks around downtown during the week.
2. Run, I mean, walk my first official 5k! There’s a 5k coming up called “Run from the Cops.” Andy and I will be participating, because this is the only time we can legally run from the cops! You know how at zombie 5ks they have zombies chasing you? I hope they have cops chasing us!
3. Begin using my self-tanner. My wedding is in approximately 2 months and I still look like Casper. I really need to buckle down on the self-tanner and perhaps do a spray tan so I don’t look horrendous on my wedding day.
4. Read four books. I’m a bit behind in my 2015 book reading goal, so I really need to buckle down and get this knocked out. Also, I realized I have two boxes full of books I haven’t read yet, and the more I read now means the less I have to move after the wedding!
5. Save $500 for the wedding. I’ve really been beating myself up since I haven’t saved any money for the wedding. Andy says to not worry because between the money he is saving and the loan we took out, we will have enough money. I still want to contribute as much as I can, though. I’ve already created my April budget and it looks like I will just barely hit the $500 mark.
6. Attend a marriage retreat hosted by a local church. Marriage retreat, take two.
7. Enjoy a day off from work. I have 5 personal days at my job that will not be paid out when I leave, so I need to use them all before mid-May. I’m hoping to take a day at the end of April to do wedding stuff.
8. Nurse Andy back to health. Andy is having PRK eye surgery at the beginning of this month, and I took off from work for 4 days to be with him while he is on convalescent leave (the other 2 days fall on the weekend). I’ve been informed that he will sleep round the clock while he recovers, so I’ll actually just be reading books for 6 days straight, but at least I’m there to take care of him. Also, I needed to use my personal days at work and I’d rather sit with a sleeping Andy and read than sit by myself and read.
9. Bailey’s Bachelorette Bash! My sisters are throwing me a bachelorette party at the end of April, and I’m hoping to invite a few of my gal pals as a way of spending time with all of them before the wedding. I’m so excited! I can’t wait!