This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
Yesterday I shared my 2017 New Year’s Resolutions so today I wanted to recap my December goals and share my January goals. Overall, they tie into my goals for the year so I’m excited about them!
1. Walk a 5k. Nope! I ended up sick for 3 weeks of the month and it took everything I had to just get out of bed and on the couch. No joke, the one time I did try to go grocery shopping I was huffing and puffing and so exhausted that I skipped my other errands to come home and rest. I did walk on the treadmill once for 20 minutes before I got sick, so that’s a start!
2. Read 5 books. Yup! I did manage to read quite a bit while I was sick. I finally discovered the magic of the Army MWR library online so I was quite excited about that!
3. Clean/organize my office. This didn’t happen either. I planned to do it on the night Andy worked CQ, but he ended up having to take me to the ER and by the time we got home I went straight to bed.
4. Mail Christmas cards by December 15th. Unfortunately this didn’t happen by the 15th. I had to wait a while to get some addresses from my husband (some of his family had moved since we mailed out wedding invitations), and by the time I finally had those addresses I was sick for 3 weeks. I ended up mailing out my cards on December 19th (in between being sick), so I doubt they arrived before Christmas Day but at least they were sent out!
5. Start our Christmas traditions. Check! We decorated our Christmas tree, went to see Christmas lights, and watched a few Christmas movies on Netflix. No ice skating since I was sick. 6. Finish watching The Office. Yup! I’m in denial that it’s over. Now, onto Parks and Rec!
7. Do the WordPress course. I didn’t feel up to this since I was sick. In fact, I didn’t even touch my laptop the majority of the time.
3.5 out of 7. Not terrible, since I was sick for 3 of the 4 weeks.
1. Walk on my treadmill 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week. I want to be more consistent with exercising, so I’m going to try and set a schedule for how often I walk on the treadmill.
2. Read 8 books this month. I want to read 100 books in 2017, so I need to average about 7-8 a month. It’s kind of a big goal, but I’m hopeful!
3. Do the WordPress course. Since I didn’t do this last month, I’m going to try again this month! Elite Blog Academy comes out in February and I’d like to have this finished before I start EBA.
4. Make scrapbooks for our engagement, wedding, and honeymoon. I want to finish creating these, although I don’t plan to order them until Shutterfly is having another sale.
5. Clean and organize my office. This needs to be done this month since I didn’t get to it last month. I hardly ever go in my office anymore because it’s so messy.
6. Finish watching Hart of Dixie. I don’t really care for this show, but it does make for good background noise when I’m on the computer. I’m curious to find out how it ends though!
What are your January goals?