I cannot believe it is JULY! Not only are we halfway through the year already, a new month means it’s been almost a month since Andy and I got married! Where is the time going?! Anyway, let’s look back at my June goals before we take a peek at my July goals.
1. Enjoy my last day of work! Complete! It was so bittersweet saying goodbye but I’m looking forward to the future.
2. Get married!!!!!!!! We were married on June 12, 2016 and it was absolutely beautiful. Here’s a sneak peek at our wedding photos.
3. Go on an amazing honeymoon to Jamaica. Jamaica was, hands-down, the best vacation of my LIFE!!! I’ll post about it in the upcoming weeks. In fact, it was so wonderful that I have 8 blog posts planned about it!
4. Do all the boring paperwork stuff that comes with being married. Andy and I have been knocking out all of these things. The only thing left to do, at the time that I write this, is get set up with Tricare/Ireland Army Hospital, look into myCAA classes, and do my name change.
5. Settle into a house. I’d consider this a half-win… Andy and I settled into an off-post apartment in Radcliff until our on-post home is ready at the end of July!
4.5 out of 5… for once, I accomplished most of my goals for the month!!! 😛
I have big plans for July. Since I’m not currently working, I want to do as much of the things I’ve been putting off as I can.
1. Walk an 8k. I’ve been slacking a bit in my exercise routine, so I want to get back in shape. There is a local 8k happening here soon that I want to participate in.
2. Read 4 books. Obviously I’d like to read as much as I can, but I’m going to put 4 books on my list and see if I can read more than that!
3. Settle into our on-post house. We get our 3 bedroom, 2 bath single-family home with an attached garage at the end of July and we are SO EXCITED! Andy and I love our little apartment, but we want space to entertain guests. I can’t wait to make the house a home!
4. Visit Lydia in California. I visited Lydia in North Carolina last year. Since then, her family moved to California. With her husband deployed, I wanted to spend a week with her family and help her with the kiddos! She is such a dear friend of mine and I only wish the military would station our husbands near one another! (Lydia came to my wedding– she drove from California to Kentucky BY HERSELF with FOUR kids!!! What a trooper!!– and I got to tell her older two sons that I would be spending a week with them soon. Ugh, my heart melts when I think about Ian and Isaac’s reactions!!! Everybody at my wedding reception said they were the life of the party!)
5. Figure out our budget with Andy. One of the things I was most excited about when I got married was to budget as a team with Andy… And yes, I’m a nerd! It’s going to take a couple months to get the kinks worked out, but I’m so excited for us to begin saving for our future together.
6. Work on my honeymoon scrapbook/blog posts. Since I’m already planning to blog about the honeymoon, I want to turn the posts into a scrapbook for Andy and I to keep. I’m hoping to have these posts published at the end of July, so I have a deadline!
7. Look into the myCAA courses. The military will pay up to $4,000 for me to pursue a certification that will lead to employment. I’m considering either the SHRM-CP (Human Resources Professional) certification or a certificate in Social Media Marketing. I want to look into this a bit more to see if I could pursue both options, or if not, decide which one I want the most.
Well, it looks like July is quite the ambitious month! I’m excited about all of the things on my list, though!