This post contains affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
How is it already November? I can’t believe this year is going by so quickly! Andy and I will hit our 5th month of marriage on the 12th… almost half a year! I still can’t believe it.
Before we look at my November goals, let’s look back at my October ones.
1. Walk a 10k. Ha! I didn’t walk on the treadmill once in October. I did take our new pup, Lily, on lots of walks (with my husband, of course!) and those were a workout in itself. Also, if you have any tips on how to reduce a 60 pound dog pulling me while we walk, I’m all ears!
3. Create honeymoon and wedding scrapbooks. Haha nope! With Andy here unexpectedly, I didn’t even bother. Next month, I’ll try again!
4. Paint wicker chairs. It suddenly got colder than I thought it would (not sure why I was surprised, because I’ve lived in Kentucky for 24 years!) so I decided to scrap this project until next spring.
6. Spend time with God every morning. I’m doing much better at this than usual, but still not good enough.
8. Complete the house decorations. And yes, I have to break this into 3 steps because that’s how I roll.
8a. Frame the art print we bought in Jamaica. Ha! I did go price how expensive it would be to stretch and frame the canvas, and it was $150. I almost died at the store when they told me that price!! Needless to say, this is not happening for a while!
8b. Order photos. I was going to order our photos from MPix, since my photographer friends say they have the best printing quality, but I missed the 50% “new email subscriber” coupon. It will be $100 without the coupon, so I’ll have to wait a while until hopefully another coupon comes out.
8c. Hang frames. I can’t hang frames without photos!
9. Make recipe binder. Nope. Again, another “I thought my husband would be away” project.
3 of 12 goals. Pathetic. But I’ll try again.
1. Watch “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life” on November 25th. Forget Black Friday shopping. I always spend too much money to buy crap I don’t need. Netflix is where it’s at on Black Friday!!! #TeamJess4ever #TeamLuke4ever
2. Walk a 5k. I’m going to try again at my walking goals. Except I’m basically starting again from scratch.
3. Read 5 books. I had originally planned to read 45 books in 2016, and I surpassed that goal a while back! When I realized that, I changed my goal to read 100 books this year. Unfortunately, I’m still 25 books shy with only 2 months left in the year, so my new goal is to read 75 books in 2016. This means I just need to read 5 books for the last 2 months of the year to meet this goal!
4. Make a recipe binder. Too bad it’s been so long since I cooked that I can’t remember anything I ever cook… For real, I didn’t go grocery shopping for real food at all in October. It was the month of “eat everything in the pantry.”
5. Create scrapbooks based on our dating/engagement, wedding, and honeymoon blog posts. Let’s try again!
7. Get ready for Christmas. I’m planning to decorate our house on November 25th (after watching Gilmore Girls, because priorities). I need to figure out what to get everyone for Christmas. I really want to just give one gift to my mom and a gift to Andy. We can’t afford to buy everyone Christmas gifts this year, which stinks.
7 goals… not too bad, I suppose. Maybe this time I can actually accomplish them.
What are your goals for November?