This post contains affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
Somehow it’s been 3 months since I’ve sat down to write a Life Lately post! My last update was in December 2016 and boy do things look quite different since then! Since I’ve spent most of the last 3 months working, I haven’t really had time to sit down and write a blog post, especially one like this, where I also include photos from my iPhone! Apologies in advance for the length of this post!
- After having stomach issues since December, I had a CT scan in January and a colonoscopy at the end of March. I was terrified, but they both went well… minus the bowel prep and “glow dye” stuff I had to drink in preparation for each procedure. (Gag.) They said everything looked fine as far as I can tell, so no more colonoscopies for me until I’m 50! 25 years until my next one is 25 years too soon when I think about that nasty bowel prep.
- Our new mattress from the Mattress Debacle arrived in mid-January. Unfortunately, we ended up accidentally buying the “tall” mattress/box spring set, so it literally is as high as my waist. I have to jump in and out of bed each day! Let me tell you, it’s scary rolling out of bed in the middle of the night and having a fall (even if it is just a few inches!) We almost returned the mattress since it’s so high, but after what we went through the first time with ordering it, we decided to keep it.
- When Andy went TDY (on a “business trip”) for a week in January, we were able to Skype once while he was away. Poor Lily couldn’t understand why she could hear her dad’s voice but couldn’t see him! Lily, you have much to learn as an Army brat! 😛
- This Facebook status showed up on my TimeHop. Little did I know that a few months after I posted this, I would meet my soon-to-be husband!!!
- I did one of those cheesy “What Will Your New Year Bring?” surveys on Facebook and was thrilled with the results! While my friends had things like “baby” and “new car”, I had love, toned muscles (yes please!) and world travel. Little did I know the Army would definitely have us traveling this year!
- I finally got my passport updated! It was super bittersweet, officially saying goodbye to my maiden name. I remember getting that passport when I was an 18 year old college freshman, thinking that it would expire before I ever needed to change my name. Little did I know that I would use that passport for the first time as a 23 year old newlywed! Also for kicks and giggles, I listed my occupation as “blogger” because I’m going through an identity/career crisis!
- My mom and sister (Brandi) came to visit in January! My other sister Brittany has been to visit Fort Knox a few times since I moved here, but this was Brandi and Mom’s first visit. I’m hoping that my entire family (including Mamaw) can visit before Andy and I move this summer!
- Proudly showing off my new business cards!
- When you ask your husband to pose for a photo 😛
- When my husband wants to buy Burger King on the last day of the month and he already spent all of his fun money (on Burger King and Taco Bell, nonetheless), he turns to his Star Wars piggy bank for some help…. and then the “burger maker” is broken! I don’t know what it is with all the soldiers and their Taco Bell/Burger King.
- Andy and I were watching Netflix and eating Grippos when I dropped a chip on my shoulder (a nice change from dropping food down my shirt.) Andy burst out laughing and said “You have a chip on your shoulder!!! Get it?!?!”
- Lily has been missing me so much while I have been working all the time! She jumps on me the minute I walk in the door. Sometimes Andy brings her by the office and we eat a quick dinner. She howls the minute she sees me and tries to jump out the window at me! When I go back inside, she whines and lunges from one side of the truck to the other. Andy said he was afraid she would break a window!!
- I took my “ash” to church on Ash Wednesday! Our church plant finally has a permanent building to call home *praise Jesus!!!* and it is literally on the way home from Elizabethtown, so I swung by in the afternoon as I was heading from one job to the other.
- Andy and I snuck in a spontaneous date night one Saturday evening when I got off early from work! We went to Louisville for dinner at Chipotle and then went to the Kentucky Science Center. After 5 pm on Friday and Saturday nights, adults admission is just $5 each! We had an absolute blast (no pun intended with the below photo of the Gemini Trainer for the astronauts!) We may have been the only adults there without children, but it just means we could have more fun since we didn’t have to keep track of tiny humans 😉
- Last but not least… these two. Always up to no good!
What have you been up to lately?