Remember how I was expecting my husband to be TDY (on a “business trip”) for a few months? Well, with our big surprise that knocked us off our feet, his TDY was canceled… so most of these goals I had made to keep me busy while he was gone wasn’t accomplished! Instead, my new goals are prepping for this move, which is easier said than done when we have no idea exactly when we will be moving nor where we will be moving to! 😉
1. Continue walking on the treadmill/take Lily for walks. I’m going to count this as completed! Andy and I have been taking Lily for walks with the weather being nice and we just love it!!! I still haven’t walked on the treadmill, hah. We’re probably going to have to sell the treadmill when we PCS, but we bought it for cheap from another military family that was PCSing so we should break even on it. 2. Read 8 books this month. Yup! I’ve been reading as much as I can 🙂 In fact, I’ve read close to 25 books in March alone!!!
3. Finally do the WordPress course. This is on hold until after the move!
4. Finally finish my “War Board” from last semester’s Bible study. Another goal that is on hold until after the move!
5. Make our Engagement: Part II scrapbook and Becoming Bailey Part II scrapbook. And a third goal on hold until after the move 😛
6. Sort through my jewelry box. Check! This was super easy and with the upcoming move, this was perfect timing! We’re most likely going to have to downsize into a place much smaller than our current house, so we’re trying to purge as much as possible!
Watch Season 3 of When Calls the Heart and the Love Comes Softly series of movies. I did actually do this! I had to take 3 days off from work for my colonoscopy (one day to prep, one day for the procedure, and a day for recovery) so I decided to enjoy the day by indulging in my favorite shows! I didn’t watch Love Comes Softly (I’m saving those for after the move when we don’t yet have internet installed) but I did watch Season 3 of When Calls the Heart.
Other goals I accomplished this month but never actually set in case I didn’t actually accomplish them: Finally framing our canvas print that we bought in Jamaica, paying off the Discover card, sorting through my scarves and belts (Andy is like “What belt? You always wear mine!” which is the truth), making a list of our top 9 picks for where the Army will send us next (even if they don’t even look at the list!), and get my car repaired and checked out before the move.
Overall, I finished 4 of 7 listed goals… but in reality, I feel like I did much more than that! Not too shabby!
1. Continue taking Lily for walks. When we move, we probably won’t be in a wooded, semi-secluded residential area, so we’re trying to take Lily out there as much as possible!
2. Read 8 books per month (read books from my bookshelf.) Even though I am well on my way to reading 100 books in a year, I still want to average 8 books a month. I’m trying to read as many books off my bookshelf as I can. Since we will be downsizing, I want to keep only my “reference books” on my bookshelf.
3. Spend time with my family and friends. With the move coming up, I’m trying to spend every free moment I can with my family and friends here in Kentucky.
4. Knock a few places off of our Kentucky bucket list. We have just a few months left here and so much we want to do before we leave! I’d like to do two or three things on our bucket list, although we don’t know for sure what those will be yet since it depends on our (mostly my) work schedule.
5. Update my resume and LinkedIn. With the move coming up, I’m going to be on the hunt for a new job again. I’d like to be proactive by updating my resume and LinkedIn with my newest positions, and then once we know where we’re moving, start hunting for jobs.
6. Start boxing up items we don’t need. Since we’re doing a DITY (do-it-yourself) move, we will be responsible for packing up all of our belongings ourselves. I plan to start collecting moving boxes from neighbors and packing up the rarely-used items to make it easier once we have official moving orders in hand.
7. Make vet appointments for Lily and Gracie. I need to get the fur-babies shots and checkups done to make it easier for the move.
8. Throw a rockin’ bachelorette party and bridal shower for Brandi and watch her become a Mrs. My little sister is getting married, y’all!!! At the beginning of the month is her bridal shower and bachelorette party, and at the end of the month, she’ll become Mrs. H! I am so stinking excited for her and so happy to add one more brother to my family!!!! 🙂
9. Wrap up the end of tax season! I have just two more weeks left of working as a seasonal tax preparer! I can’t believe it’s ending already! It’s been so exhausting working anywhere between 50 and 90 hours a week, but so rewarding!
10. Hopefully get orders for our new home! I’m hopeful that by the end of April, Andy and I will have our “pinpoint” location for his Recruiting duty. Even though it’s still subject to change– I’ve heard of them being changed after people check in to the new Battalion– it will be nice to have more of an idea of where we’ll be living for the next 3 years! Once we have those orders in hand, it’s full speed ahead to prep for the move and settling into our new home!
How did you do on your March goals?
What are your April goals?