This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
In a few weeks, my first 2 college courses since I returned back to school for a second Bachelor’s degree are ending! We have about a month in between the winter and spring semesters (my school offers a shortened winterim term during that time, but I opted out of it this year) which means I have an entire month off from classes! This will probably be the longest break I have in between classes this year (since I’m taking summer term classes immediately after spring term ends), if not, until I finish my BBA degree . So, I’m trying to take advantage of all of the free time I have…. when I’m not working 40 hours a week, that is! (Campus is still open in between terms, minus the two holidays!) So, I have a lot of goals I want to accomplish this December!
But first, let’s look at how I did with my November goals!
1. Read 2 books. Yes! I actually managed to read 4 books this month, yay! 🙂
2. Clean and spray-paint essential oil cabinet. I didn’t even start this one. You win some, you lose some!
3. Clean/organize office and guest room. Andy had a 3 day weekend for Veteran’s Day, while I had to work (womp womp.) I came home from work and he had completely cleaned the guest room! 🙂 I did manage to find a bit of time to organize the office.
a. Take donations to Salvation Army. No, this hasn’t happened yet!
4. Set up the treadmill and begin exercising again. Almost, but not quite!
5. Go to the Iowa Blogging Conference. Sadly, this didn’t happen since the Iowa Bloggers Conference was canceled, but I did work on some online blog courses. I’m going to count this goal as completed anyway, since I did what I could! 🙂
3 out of 6! Not too shabby!
1. Read 4 books. I’d like to read 4 books this month, since my classes for the semester are ending!
2. Finish my Communications and Intro to Accounting courses with a bang! I really want to make A’s in my courses!
3. Continue our Christmas traditions. I feel like I completely missed the “magic” of our first married Christmas, because I was so sick last year! (I remember being in the ER 2 days before Christmas!) So this year I want a “first married Christmas re-do”!
a. Read our new Christmas devotional. I have always loved the idea of taking time in the days before Christmas to spend time as a couple remembering the true meaning behind Christmas. I would love to buy us a new Christmas devotional every year to read together!
b. Pick out a new ornament for our Christmas tree. We bought a Mount Rushmore monument when we visited Mount Rushmore earlier this fall, but our “ornament of the year” is one that specifically summarizes our previous year. Maybe we should just buy a roller coaster ornament to summarize how much of a roller coaster this past year has been, ha!
c. Go look at the Christmas lights. We actually have no idea where the best place around here to look at lights will be! Maybe Clear Lake?
d. Have a Christmas movie night. What is Christmas without cheesy Hallmark movies?!
e. Decorate our house for Christmas. I’m a minimal decorator, but we do have a nativity display for our front yard and some stockings and a 4 foot tree for our house!
f. Embrace some traditions of our “temporary home” (in this case, north Iowa):
i. Christmas by the Lake. This is a Christmas celebration over in Clear Lake where they have horse-drawn carriages (yes, please!) and fireworks over the lake.
ii. “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” display. The creator of The Music Man and the songwriter of It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas, Meredith Willson, was from here in Mason City! They have a Music Man square in town that is designed to look like the town square of River City, Iowa and during Christmastime it gets decorated for the holidays.
iii. See the Canadian-Pacific Holiday Train. The Canadian-Pacific Holiday Train is this huge train that is decorated with Christmas lights that travels across Canada and the US, collecting donations for local food banks. This year, it’s stopping in Mason City! It will be on a Wednesday night, which means we have to miss AWANAs…. but I’m pretty sure a good chunk of our AWANAs kids will be there as well, haha!
4. Mail out our Christmas cards by December 15th. I did design and order them, so now I’m just waiting for them to arrive so I can mail them out!
5. Watch the new Star Wars movie at the LDX theater. The new Star Wars movie comes out this December, so Andy and I will be going to see it, of course!
6. Go to the 2 concerts we bought tickets for! We bought tickets to not one but two concerts this December! One is a New Year’s Eve concert– it’s our first time actually doing something cool for New Year’s Eve!
7. Do at least 3 e-courses. Again, since my classes for the semester are ending, I’d like to do these courses ASAP!
8. Go home to Kentucky for Christmas! Probably my favorite item on the list 🙂 We have no idea when I will get to go back to Kentucky after Christmas, so I’m going to enjoy every second!
How did you do with your November goals?
What are your December goals?