How is it already May?! I know I say this every month, but this year is flying by! This month marks two years of Andy and I knowing each other, and next month Andy and I will celebrate our one year wedding anniversary! Time flies when you’re having fun 🙂
Anyway, April was a really good month on the goal front. I feel like I’m hitting my stride in all of the areas of my life. I feel motivated to do things when I’m at home, instead of just killing time in front of the television.
1. Continue taking Lily for walks. Yup! I’m doing much better at this now that the weather is warm. 2. Read 8 books per month (read books from my bookshelf.) Check! I read a ton in April. Some of the books were on my Kindle, so I could read at work, while others were paperbacks/hardbacks. 3. Spend time with my family and friends. I threw Brandi a bridal shower, went home for Easter, threw my close friend Julie a bridal shower, and went to Brandi’s wedding. Check, check, and check! 4. Knock a few places off of our Kentucky bucket list. I’d count this as accomplished! We visited President Lincoln’s birthplace for Andy’s re-enlistment ceremony and have finalized plans to visit a few more places in May and June.
5. Update my resume and LinkedIn. I started this, but didn’t finish. So, I would count this as half achieved.
6. Start boxing up items we don’t need. Nope. I didn’t even start. I can’t decide if I’m in denial or just a procrastinator. Maybe both, haha!
7. Make vet appointments for Lily and Gracie. Yes. I took them both on the same day. SUCH a bad idea! 8. Throw a rockin’ bachelorette party and bridal shower for Brandi and watch her become a Mrs. Check! I recapped her bachelorette bash/bridal shower but have not blogged about the wedding yet since that was just over the weekend. 9. Wrap up the end of tax season! I did it! It was so tough to work a ton, but I survived and it was so worth it 🙂 10. Hopefully get orders for our new home! We finally know where we’re going, but I can’t publicly announce it until I tell Mamaw 🙂
8.5 of 10. I think that’s my best month yet!
1. Continue taking Lily for walks. Disclosure: Lily is such a handful I can’t take her by myself. Andy and I both want to enroll Lily in doggy obedience classes once we are settled into our new home, so I can take her on walks by myself. So, this is a joint goal for Andy and me 🙂
2. Read 8 books per month. I feel confident I can achieve this goal. So far I’m over halfway to my reading goal of 100 books this year!
3. Do 3 e-courses this month. I already have on my list to finally do the WordPress course, but then I bought the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle 2017 and it came with dozens of more e-courses that I have access to for free with the purchase of the bundle. I plan to do 2 more e-courses this month so I will have all of my e-courses done by the expiration date of April 2018.
4. Audit my Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages. It dawned on me recently that 25 year old Bailey is probably embarrassed at immature 19 year old Bailey’s social media posts, so I thought it would be a good idea to delete those ridiculous posts (ie incessant tweets about The Bachelor, ugly Instagram selfies, and Facebook rants.)
5. Finish my engagement scrapbook. We’re coming up on our first wedding anniversary and I still haven’t finished my engagement, wedding, or honeymoon scrapbooks! Needless to say, our “year one” scrapbook isn’t even started, haha!
6. Go on one “Kentucky Bucket List” date night/weekend this month. As I mentioned in my post on why you should date your spouse, I’m going to set a goal of 1-2 dates per month. For security reasons, I won’t say exactly when/where we’re going, but I do already have 2 specific dates in mind!
7. Take photos of our home before I begin packing up. I want to take photos of our lived-in Fort Knox home before it gets less home-y with the boxes of random items.
8. Start packing up non-essential items for the move. I know there are quite a few things I can begin boxing up that I don’t necessarily need, like my winter clothes and some of the items in my office.
9. Begin preparing for the move itself. Oh the joys of a DITY move! There’s so much I need to begin preparing, even if we don’t have official orders in hand yet. Another joint goal for Andy and me 🙂
How did you do on your April goals?
What are your May goals?