This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
Hi friends! I’ve noticed a few new faces around here lately, so I’ve decided to share 12 random, quirky facts about myself that you’d never know. My blogging philosophy is to be real, and I think these 12 facts will show you that I’m weird unique.
1. I hate when people see my laundry. In college, I woke up early every Saturday and started my load of laundry at 8 am because it meant no one else would be awake then. When we had room checks in the dorms, I’d throw a blanket over the clean laundry that I was folding on my bed so no one would see them. Does anyone else fold their laundry on their bed?
2. I can’t pour milk into my bowl of cereal. I will have a glass of milk to the side of my bowl so I can alternate drinking milk and eating the cereal, but I never combine the two.
3. I cleaned my room more in college than I do in post-grad life. I was the obsessive neat freak in college, but now that I’m back home and in my tiny bedroom (seriously, it’s smaller than my dorm was!) it’s far from clean. I’ve been craving my own apartment so I can have things neat and clean again.
4. At any given point in time, my toenails are almost always pink. I have at least 20 bottles of pink nail polish, in various shades.
5. My most dreaded household chore is vacuuming. Yet I always have to vacuum at LifeWay. Which is why I never vacuum at home.
6. I can’t sleep without socks on my feet. Even if it’s 100 degrees outside, I still have on socks.
7. I hate all variations of the word baby/babe/bae/bae bae. In elementary school, people would tease me and call me “Baby” instead of Bailey and I still cringe to this day. Also, my dad’s sister called me “Bai Bai” and the more I told her I hated it, the more she did it. Clearly I hate my father and his entire family…
8. I had a severe overbite when I was in elementary school. My overbite was so bad that my teeth rested on my lower lip, causing me to look like a beaver, which is how I acquired the other cruel nickname “Beaver Bailey.” I got braces in 6th grade until 10th grade. Even now, I’m still insecure about my teeth.
9. When I was little, I wanted to be like Laura Ingalls Wilder. I was so obsessed with Little House on the Prairie. I had calico dresses and bonnets and I wore them all the time. For a few years my church even hosted “Old Fashioned Day” where we’d have services with no electricity or air, because they knew of my love of all things old-timey.
10. When I worked at summer camp, I would convince my campers it was later than it really was so they’d go to bed earlier. By the end of summer, I had them in bed at 8:30 pm. I was also that counselor who would hear the girls knock on the counselor cabin door (I’m a light sleeper) yet I’d lay there and pretend to be asleep until another counselor took care of them. Clearly, I’m not exactly parent material.
11. I can’t eat leftover spaghetti. I love spaghetti, but leftover spaghetti makes me vomit. I can eat spaghetti multiple times in a week, but I make a fresh batch each time.
12. Watching movies in the theater gives me anxiety. It freaks me out when you go in the the theater and it’s daylight but you come out and it’s suddenly dark.