This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
How is it already August?! July went by much too quickly. Even though August is still technically summer, it feels like fall to me with students returning to school, and temperatures dropping too much for my liking. Before I know it, that dirty “w” word (winter) will be here! Despite my dread of winter, I am excited for the beginning of another month because that means new goals!
1. Read 3 books this month. Yup! I read a lot in July. My monthly book recap to come later in the week 🙂 2. Go on 2 dates this month. Yup! One date was an at-home movie night, and the other date was dinner at Northwestern Steakhouse.
3. Do yoga twice a week before bed. I wish I could find the time to do yoga before bed, but it seems like I’m so busy during the day that I immediately crash at bedtime.
4. Finish our wedding scrapbook. Yes! What kicked my butt into gear was getting an email for a 50% off coupon. Within one day, I finished the entire scrapbook and ordered it since the coupon expired that night, eek! If anyone is interested in seeing what my Shutterfly scrapbooks look like, I have a sneak peek on my Instagram Story Highlights. 5. Finish the Computer Business Applications class. Yup! I made an A in the course 🙂
6. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. They say I would need to study about 145 hours total for this exam, and since I’ll have 7 weeks to prepare, I need to study an average of 20 hours a week. I’d like to study 2-3 hours a day, including weekends. I’ve been doing most of my studying in the evenings immediately after work (while Andy is still at work) or on the weekends, in the mornings (while Andy sleeps in.)
7. Celebrate my birthday (which was on July 2nd.) Yup! We went to see Tim McGraw & Faith Hill in Des Moines the weekend before. On the day of my birthday, Andy threw a small birthday party for me with church friends.
5 of 7 with 1 goal still in progress. That’s great! 🙂
1. Read 3 books this month. Since my next college class doesn’t begin until the end of August, I’d like to read an extra book this month.
2. Go on 2 dates this month. I don’t have any dates in mind for this month. I’d like for us to enjoy the warm weather before it gets cold again, so maybe something outdoors?
3. Start our honeymoon scrapbook. I’m almost caught up on my scrapbooking… Well, as far as our family scrapbooks go. Don’t ask me how the blog scrapbooks are going 😉
4. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. I take the exam at the beginning of September, so August will be full of cramming!
5. Fly home to Kentucky for a friend’s wedding! A friend from college is getting married, so I decided to make a quick trip home for the special occasion. And when I say “quick,” I mean it! I will work all day on that Friday, leave work 2 hours early to drive to Minneapolis, fly home at 7:30 at night and arrive in Kentucky around midnight, go to the wedding on Saturday, and fly back home Sunday morning so I can be at work on Monday morning. Phew! Just typing that all out makes me feel exhausted!
Did you accomplish your July goals?
What goals are you setting for August?