Oh my goodness, I cannot believe it is already December! How in the world is 2018 almost over?! I saw a meme online that said something to the effect of “2018 was so long that there was an Olympics this year and we all forgot.” 100% accurate! (I actually had to Google it! Sure enough, the Winter Olympics were at the beginning of 2018!) Heck, even November seemed like a long month! As sad as I am to see 2018 wind down, I really love December. I am all about the Christmas season and am really looking forward to what I have planned for the month!
1. Work on Managerial Accounting class. I’m still chugging along here! I’m already 6 weeks into the 8-week course. I actually really like the 8-week subterms more than I had expected; by the time I reach the point in the semester where I want to quit, I only have 2 weeks left!
2. Study for the CLEP Marketing and Management exams. I had meant to glance at the books, but I didn’t even crack them open. You win some, you lose some.
3. Finish another Bible study. This particular Bible study is All Things New by Kelly Minter. I had started it last winter with a group from my church but ended up dropping out of the Bible study when winter hit. Unfortunately, I didn’t quite finish it this month. That’s okay, though!
4. Frame wedding invitations. I finished this goal in October, but still added it to my list 😉 5. Frame world and state maps. Another goal that I accomplished in October 😉 6. Make shadow boxes for Jamaica and Dominican Republic souvenirs. Yes! They look wonderful but are currently sitting on the living room floor… I need my Engineer husband to hang them for me so they will be level 😉
7. Make honeymoon and
Dominican Republic scrapbook. So I didn’t start the honeymoon scrapbook, but I did finish the Dominican Republic scrapbook! I discovered Shutterfly has a new feature where it will automatically upload your photos into the scrapbook by the date they were taken and then you can go in and edit and such. It made it much easier to finish this scrapbook and I’m not dreading the honeymoon one! 8. Make Excel document of e-courses and passwords. A third goal that I accomplished in October 😉 9. Have another “No Spend Weekend.” Yes! I hosted a dinner and board game night with church friends one weekend. It was so fun and so inexpensive since it was potluck-style! 10. Design our Christmas cards. Yes! I even ordered them before Thanksgiving. 12. Make shadowbox of “date souvenirs.” Yup! Like the other shadowboxes, this is sitting on my living room floor for my husband to hand!
8.5 of 12 goals. It’s not cheating if I finished some of them early… My goals, my rules 😉
For December, I am setting way less goals than I have in the past few months. Partly because my husband will finally be home (YAY!!!) but also because I try to simplify my life in December. The holidays can get overwhelmingly busy and I want to make sure I still enjoy the season.
1. Finish Managerial Accounting class. I’m already 6 weeks into the 8-week sub-term. I am so close!!! Once this class is over, I will have an entire month break until my spring classes begin in mid-January.
2. Study for the CLEP Marketing and Management exams. Once I finish my Managerial Accounting class, I’m going to transition to studying for the 2 CLEP exams. (I’m trying to fast-track my way to this degree, so any class I can credit-by-exam out of, I will.)
3. Mail Christmas cards by December 13th. Let’s be honest, I’ve already accomplished this goal. I actually sent my cards out on November 29th, which is impressive even for me!
4. Celebrate a simple Christmas with my husband. I don’t want to rehash my entire 2018 Christmas Bucket List, but I have many goals for this holiday season!
5. Attend my first military ball. Andy and I have been a couple for nearly 4 years now, yet I’ve never been to a military ball! We had the opportunity to attend the Engineer Ball at Fort Knox and had actually planned to attend… but the week before the ball, he was DA-selected for Recruiting; needless to say, we decided to skip it.
6. Celebrate New Year’s with friends. I’ve always loved the idea of ringing in the New Year’s with friends, but in reality, I’ve either gone to bed early or actually made plans, but ended up sick and had to leave the party early. This year is going to be great, I just feel it!
How were your November goals?
What do you have planned for December?