This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
Happy July! I know we’re already 5 days into the new month, but I didn’t want to share something as mundane as monthly goals on the first calendar day of the month, which fell on my birthday this year 😉 So, I’m sharing my July goals a few days late.
Also– how is it already July?! This summer is flying by too quickly! Before I know it, fall will be here and then that dirty S word– snow!
1. Read 3 books this month. Yup! I have been spending more time reading and less time on social media. In fact, I read 4 books this month! 2. Go on 2 dates this month. Yup! We did a date box at home for our first date and consider our anniversary weekend getaway as date #2.
3. Exercise 2-3 times a week. No? I’m going to say no because if I can’t automatically say “Yes, I did that!”, then it’s a no.
4. Finish our wedding scrapbook in time for our anniversary. Oops… I didn’t quite finish it in time! I will finish this in July.
5. Celebrate our second wedding anniversary! Yup! I recapped our trip to Lake Pepin, Wisconsin in this post. 6. Continue the Computer Business Applications class. I’m still chugging along. I’m just 2 weeks from the last day of class!
7. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. Not yet. I decided to take the UExcel exam at the beginning of September, so I plan to start studying for this as soon as my Computer class ends.
I completed 4 of 7 goals– that’s pretty great!
1. Read 3 books this month. My monthly reading goal…. self-explanatory.
2. Go on 2 dates this month. I already have one date in mind (full disclosure: we’ve already completed it. It was actually on the last day of June, but for the sake of simplicity, I’m counting it for July.) I have an idea of what I would like to do for the second date, but no firm plans.
3. Do yoga twice a week before bed. I’m editing my “exercise” goal to be more specific. Hopefully, this will help me to actually achieve it! Also, hopefully it will help me sleep better!
4. Finish our wedding scrapbook. I will finish this scrapbook by the end of July.
5. Finish the Computer Business Applications class. Just 2 weeks to go!
6. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. They say I would need to study about 145 hours total for this exam, and since I’ll have 7 weeks to prepare, I need to study an average of 20 hours a week. I’d like to study 2-3 hours a day, including weekends. I’ve been doing most of my studying in the evenings immediately after work (while Andy is still at work) or on the weekends, in the mornings (while Andy sleeps in.)
7. Celebrate my birthday (which was on Monday.) I have absolutely nothing in mind for celebrating my birthday this year. (Full disclosure again: I did actually celebrate my birthday by the time this post went live.)
How were your June goals?
What are your July goals?