This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
It is absolutely surreal to me that we are in the month of June! I’ve always loved summer, but now that Andy and I celebrate our wedding anniversary every June, it brings a whole new happiness to this month 🙂
May was an interesting month. I did pretty well on my goals at the beginning of the month, but towards the middle and end of the month, not so much! My work, for whatever reason, decided that the only days off I would be given were ones I asked for specifically. In the last two weeks of the month, I had exactly one day off– for Andy’s Recruiting school graduation/our celebration trip to Barton’s Distillery. Even though I only work between 5-8 hours a day at the department store, I find myself more exhausted than when I was working 12 hour days at a previous employer, due to 5:30 am wake ups (since work starts at 7) and a 30 minute commute. I’m giving myself grace, because soon enough I won’t be working there anymore and will have more free time to rest.
1. Continue taking Lily for walks. We’re doing okay at this. Lil just needs some obedience training! And to not look like a goober when we take her on walks (she spazzes out because she hates her Gentle Leader.) 2. Read 8 books per month. Just barely! I read exactly 8 books this month! 3. Do 3 e-courses this month. I finished the WordPress course! Yay! I recently bought some of the Ultimate Bundles, so I now am the proud owner of 75 e-courses! I did two extra ones this month as well. 4. Audit my Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages. When I first mentioned this goal in last month’s post, a lot of people mentioned it seemed really daunting! Honestly, I didn’t think it was that bad as I was working on it. Sure, it did take a few hours for each social media account, but I felt more productive than just mindlessly scrolling through social media like I usually do 😉 I also went through my personal Facebook while I was at it.
5. Finish my engagement scrapbook. I didn’t even start this one. That’s okay 🙂
6. Go on one “Kentucky Bucket List” date night/weekend this month. Yup! We went to Cave City for an overnight trip at the beginning of the month (which turned out to be perfect timing, since most people were headed up to Louisville for the Derby.) The second weekend of the month, we went home for the BBQ Festival and to finally tell my Mamaw we are moving to Iowa! We also went to Kentucky Kingdom after Andy’s Recruiting school graduation.
7. Take photos of our home before I begin packing up. Um, not so much. Whoops!
8. Start packing up non-essential items for the move. Yeah…. No. Turns out we can’t even buy packing supplies until we have official orders in hand plus have been briefed by the transportation office!
9. Begin preparing for the move itself. Official PCS orders still haven’t been cut, and there’s honestly not a ton I can do without them! June will be a hot mess prepping for the move, but thankfully my hubster is off work from his day job for basically all month and will be put to work with moving prep 😉
5 out of 9… that seems like I haven’t accomplished much, but I feel like I did much better than that!
1. Take Lily on walks. Our neighborhood is in a very wooded area, so it’s almost like living in the country! Lily loves her “nature walks”– last week she saw two baby raccoons!– so we are trying to get her as much leash-free outside time as we can before the move.
2. Read 8 books per month. Since we’ll be spending approximately 32 hours in the car this month, I have no doubt we will “read” plenty of audiobooks and I’ll meet this goal.
3. Do 3 e-courses this month. I’d like to finish 3 more e-courses this month, focusing entirely on photography. See goal #7 to learn why!
4. Go on four “Kentucky Bucket List” date nights/weekends this month. This is our last month residing in the Bluegrass state and there’s still SO much we want to do before we say “see ya later.” We’ve picked 4 activities we want to do–one of which coincides with our wedding anniversary plans. I feel confident we can get these activities completed, since Andy is taking leave for basically all of June plus I’m quitting my job about halfway through the month.
5. Put in my 2 weeks’ notice at work. Actually, the day that this post goes live on my blog, I will officially be submitting my 2 weeks’ notice! I wanted the last few weeks off work to pack up the house, finish out our Kentucky bucket list, and say “see ya later” to my friends here. It’s super bittersweet leaving my employer, but hopefully better things are in store!
6. Pack up the house! I’ve heard a lot of people recommend packing up a little at a time when prepping for a PCS, but I hate living out of boxes. Before Andy and I got married, there were stacks of packed-up cardboard boxes in my bedroom for a good 6 months and it irked me so much. My plan for this PCS is to take a few days and pack everything at once (except the essentials); since Andy is off work basically the entire month, it shouldn’t be too bad. We’ll see how it works for us!
7. Go to Parker (Andy’s brother) and Anne’s wedding! Andy’s little brother is getting married this month, so we are traveling down to Louisiana for the wedding! I’m their wedding photographer, which has me a bit panicked since I don’t consider myself a professional (or even amateur) photographer at all!
8. Celebrate our first wedding anniversary! This goes with #4, since our anniversary celebration is one of the things on our Kentucky Bucket List, but I still think celebrating one entire year of marriage deserves a shout-out of its own!
How were your May goals?
What are your June goals?