This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
I can’t believe it is already June! Just the other day I realized that for the past 2 summers, I’ve been off work for some portion of the summer. Last summer I was off for 6 weeks when we moved from Kentucky to Iowa. (I was incredibly blessed to have started my new job 2 weeks after arriving in Iowa.) The summer before that, I left my job at the beginning of June in preparation for our wedding and my move to Fort Knox. This year, I’m working full-time again and taking college classes on top of that! While I really enjoy my job and what I’m studying, I do miss the lazy mornings of sleeping in and getting to enjoy the warm weather all day long. I definitely appreciate the warm weather more since time spent outdoors is more scarce! Speaking of warm weather, I feel more ambitious at accomplishing goals now that I don’t feel like hibernating 24/7. Let’s look at my May goals and what I have in store for June!
1. Read 3 books this month. Yup! I was a bit worried that I wouldn’t meet my goal, but I just barely snuck in my 3rd book on the last day of May! 🙂 2. Go on 2 dates this month. Yup! Not only that, but we spent next-to-nothing on our dates! We went to Minneapolis at the beginning of May to see Stars on Ice. Our tickets to Stars on Ice were free thanks to VetTix. At the end of May, we went back to Minneapolis for the Army’s “Strong Bonds” marriage retreat and the Army covered our hotel and most meals. We were even permitted to drive the government car instead of our personal car, so we didn’t have to pay for gas!
Also with this warm weather, we have gone kayaking and tubing on the Winnebago River a few different nights during the week. Even though Andy gets off later in the evening (around 7 pm), since the sun doesn’t set until around 8, we can get an hour of river time in!
3. Exercise 3x/week. Yes? I honestly forgot to keep track of this goal until the last week of May, but I think I’ve been exercising more since the weather outside is beautiful and I’ve been doing things like taking Lily on walks, tubing, and kayaking. 4. Turn 6 blog posts into our wedding scrapbook. Yup! In fact, I’m about halfway finished with our wedding scrapbook. 5. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. I slowly started studying for the UExcel exam. I haven’t scheduled my exam date because the testing center is moving to a different building, but I’m aiming for the end of August or beginning of September. 6. Start my first Liberty course (Computer Business Applications). Yup! From now on, all of my courses are 8-week courses. The classes move a bit faster than I’m used to, which means I need to study more, but it’s perfect for keeping my interest. By the time one class gets boring, it’s time for the sub-term to end so I can start another class 😉
6 of 6 goals complete. That’s 100%! Hooah! I wanted to say “hooray”, but Andy hates that word since it sounds like “hoo-rah” 😛
1. Read 3 books this month. I’d like to stick to 3 books this month with hopes that I will stop spending so much time surfing social media before bed.
2. Go on 2 dates this month. I try to go into the month knowing what our ideal dates would be, but this month I have no ideas! Andy’s work schedule has been all over the place due to community events, so I want to keep an open mind.
3. Exercise 2-3 times a week. Walking the dog, hiking, kayaking, tubing, biking…. summertime offers endless opportunities for exercise!
4. Finish our wedding scrapbook in time for our anniversary. Our anniversary is June 12th, so we’ll see if I can finish it by then. If not, just completing it in June is close enough 😉
5. Celebrate our second wedding anniversary! We have an idea of how we’d like to spend our wedding anniversary, but nothing is confirmed. (Hence such a vague goal.)
6. Continue the Computer Business Applications class. Enough said.
7. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. I’d like to continue studying for the HR Management exam so that I’m not cramming in July & August.
How were your May goals?
What are your June goals?