This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
I know I’ve said it a thousand times, but it felt like this winter– my first winter in cold, snowy Iowa!– has dragged on. I am so, so excited that today is the first day of March! Even though my Iowa friends tell me it will still be cold with the possibility of snow throughout this month, just seeing the calendar say “March” makes me so happy! It feels like spring has arrived… well, maybe it doesn’t quite feel like it weather-wise, but mentally it feels like spring to me! Additionally, today is the first day of a new month and y’all know that I love the fresh start of a new month! Let’s take a look back at my February goals before I jump into my March ones.
1. Read 2 books this month. Yup! I’ve set aside the last 30 minutes of my day to read a book in bed. This helps me unwind for the evening as well as get some reading in! On particularly stressful days at work when I want to decompress, I also read a book over my 30-minute lunch instead of eating in the staff lounge.
2. Visit the Ice Castles for a belated Valentine’s Day date. Sadly, we didn’t get to do this! We had our trip all planned out when Mother Nature had other plans in mind. We ended up having a snowstorm come through on the same day we were supposed to see the Ice Castles, so we weren’t able to travel 🙁
3. Get on an actual study schedule for Macroeconomics. The first third of my course was due February 16th, and I’m not going to lie, it was a struggle to get everything finished and submitted in time! Thankfully, that means I have a “fresh start” for the second third of the course.
4. Exercise 2x/week. I wouldn’t say that I completely accomplished this goal, but I did okay with it. Andy and I took Lily for a walk on the one warm day of the month, and I’ve also been doing an at-home yoga video.
5. Turn 2 blog posts into “Engaged” scrapbook. Yes! I actually finished the entire scrapbook. I am SO proud of myself because this has been a goal of mine for ages. I would love to be so caught up in scrapbooking that every month, I spend just a few hours making my Cummins Family Yearbook scrapbook and my blog scrapbook, but that is a long way down the road! 6. Do one e-course each week. I’m doing fairly well in my e-courses. I’ve decided to skip the e-courses that aren’t beneficial to me at this stage in my life (hello, home decorating and parenting ones!) so I can focus on the ones that I will enjoy and learn from now.
4 of 6 goals. Not too shabby!
1. Read 2 books this month. My usual monthly reading goal to stay par-for-the-course for my 2018 Yearly Goal.
2. Go on 2 dates this month. I’d like to go out of town for one date and then stay around town for a smaller, less expensive date night. We have 2 free coupons for roller skating, so I’d like to go skating and then out to lunch for our local date! I have a second, “bigger” date in mind for this month as well!
3. Exercise 2x/week. A new friend of mine suggested we do a Zumba class together. I’m really excited because I will get to socialize and exercise! I’m also hoping to take Lily on walks more now that it’s warming up and the snow/ice is melting. Sadly, she hasn’t gotten as much exercise as she did at Knox– she’s not exactly the easiest dog to take on a walk and, um… the slippery ground doesn’t help! (Ahem, Andy’s dislocated finger last month from when he slipped while walking Lil.)
4. Turn 3 blog posts into our wedding scrapbook. I did so great at finally finishing the Engagement scrapbook that I’d like to finish our wedding scrapbook. Overachiever Bailey would normally say she wants to finish this scrapbook by our 2nd wedding anniversary in June, but Realistic Bailey says she just wants to make progress on it! 😉
5. Do 2 e-courses per week. My 2018 Ultimate Homemaking Bundle access ends April 30th, so I need to step it up to 2 e-courses per week, so that I can finish them before the deadline!
6. Clean and decorate the guest room for our first visitor! One of Andy’s best friends is coming to visit us for a few days in mid-March! Sadly, I have to work the entire time he’s in town since I’m out of vacation time, but I don’t think he nor Andy will mind since they’re going to play video games all day 😉 I’d like to get our guest room ready for his arrival. We’re planning to move our full-sized bed into the guest room since we bought a queen sized one with our tax return, but this is dependent on when the queen bed arrives! If not, well…. he can sleep on an air mattress or something. I’m sure he won’t mind! (Let’s be honest. Andy and his soldier friends are not picky about sleeping arrangements, even if they include sleeping on the ground haha!)
How were your February goals?
What are your March goals?