This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
I am so glad that my calendar finally says May. Most of April was winter here in north Iowa… It was still snowing on April 18th! But as soon as that last snowstorm, spring came quickly. It seems like one day it was 30 degrees and the next was 60– and the 60s were here to stay! I definitely don’t mind 🙂 It has been a long winter for this Southern girl 😉 The last almost-2-weeks of April were wonderful. The warm weather and sunshine lifted my mood, which gave me a boost of energy to accomplish a lot of the goals on my monthly list!
1. Read 2 books this month. Yup! I actually read 3 books this month! 🙂 2. Go on 2 dates this month. Yes. Even though the dates I had planned changed because of Army things, we still went on 2 dates. Our first date of April was a trip to the circus, which was honestly a bit disappointing because we had been looking forward to it! I went to the circus every year as a child, but circuses have changed quite a bit in 20 years, so it was not the circus I remember! PETA also was outside the auditorium protesting; the emcee was practically counter-protesting inside as he announced about some of the things that PETA has done. (Can you imagine having to explain PETA to your 4-year-old on what’s supposed to be a fun family activity?!) Needless to say, that put a damper on things. Our second date of the month was dinner at Panchero’s and driving around the entirety of Clear Lake (the town and the lake.) We discovered an ice cream parlor, a mini-golf place, and a restaurant on the opposite side of the lake that we can’t wait to visit this summer! 3. Exercise 2x/week. Yes! Now that it’s actually warm outside, Andy and I have been taking Lily for walks a few times a week both in our neighborhood and at Lime Creek Nature Center. 4. Finish all of the e-courses from the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. Yup! I’m pretty excited 🙂 And then I bought the 2018 Homemaking bundle, ha! 5. Finish my Economics class with a bang. Yup! I didn’t quite finish before my self-imposed deadline of April 21, but I did complete all of the assignments before the course ended.
6. Turn 3 blog posts into our wedding scrapbook. I didn’t even try. I was too busy scrambling to finish my Economics class!
5 of 6 goals. Yay!
1. Read 3 books this month. I’d like to read 3 books this month instead of just my usual 2. Bonus points if I read them outside in the hammock!
2. Go on 2 dates this month. We have two dates marked on the calendar. Fingers crossed they won’t get canceled!
3. Exercise 3x/week. With this fantastic warm weather and no classes for the majority of the month, I’m going to take advantage of this to get my “summer beach body” ready. (I say that sarcastically because I’m not the “summer beach body” type person, hah!)
4. Turn 6 blog posts into our wedding scrapbook. This is quite an ambitious goal, but I’d like to get 6 blog posts about our wedding copied over to the scrapbook. This would finish about 1/3 of the scrapbook!
5. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. As part of my degree plan, I’m planning to take 6 UExcel exams and transfer them to Liberty. This should save me 3 extra semesters of classes plus a few thousands dollars. I’m planning to take my first UExcel exam at the end of August, so I’d like to start studying now. HR Management is the prerequisite for all of my other courses in my cognate, which is why I’m starting with this exam.
6. Start my first Liberty course (Computer Business Applications). My first Liberty course begins on May 21st. So, I’ll have a 3-week mini-break in which to accomplish all of my goals above!
How were your April goals?
What are your May goals?