This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
October was a great month, so to be honest, I am not thrilled to see November. While I am excited for two days off from work (thank you, Turkey Day!), I am not at all thrilled about the cold temperatures and snow that is on its way. Or should I say, already arrived! The first snow of the year for north Iowa was last week! I’m not sure how I will make it through this winter, but thankfully, I have my goals to keep me going!
1. Read 2 books. Surprisingly, yes! 🙂 I binged on as many books as I could before I left for the conferences and read a ton while I was there. 2. Prep for FinCon and Military Influencer Conference. I think I did fairly well with the conference prepping, given the limited amount of free time I had. I did make a list of blog-goals I’d like to do in the next year before the 2018 Military Influencer Conference.
a. Do Units 1 and 2 of EBA. Sadly, I didn’t get to start Elite Blog Academy 🙁
b. Read blogs of speakers at both conferences. Yes! I checked out their blogs as well as read books. c. Prepare my “elevator speech.” I practiced my elevator speech with Andy, but it was a little rough. Practice makes perfect, though! d. Make tentative schedule of sessions I’d like to sit in on. Yes! I did manage to sit down and do this before I left for the trip 🙂 e. Have a great time in Texas! I’d say this was a success! 🙂
f. Bonus points: Make a side trip to Magnolia Market in Waco. Nope! I decided to save this for a trip to Texas if/when we ever get stationed here. I did get to eat lunch with a friend from Murray State and visit the George W. Bush Presidential Library though!
3. Clean and spray-paint my essential oil cabinet. Nope :/ Maybe in November?
4. Take Lily to her obedience classes. Yes! I did have to miss a class when I was in Texas. Although Lil isn’t as well-behaved as we’d like, there’s definitely been an improvement! 🙂
7 of 10 goals, not too bad!
1. Read 2 books. I’d like to finish reading some of my FinCon books that I didn’t get around to reading before the conference.
2. Clean and spray-paint essential oil cabinet. My oil collection is getting out-of-hand! I need to put up this shelf somewhere. The current shelf I have I would like to re-paint and put upstairs for the oils that I typically use before bed.
3. Clean/organize office and guest room. Both of these rooms are a hot mess. Although we’ve been in our house for 4 months now, we didn’t quite finish unpacking some things and just threw them around in these two rooms. I’ve already told Andy that we’re going to get these rooms in order ASAP.
a. Take donations to Salvation Army. A sub-goal of #3, I have a gigantic box of things in the master bedroom and another box in the guest room of donations that I need to get rid of.
4. Set up the treadmill and begin exercising again. We brought the treadmill on the 700 mile trek from Kentucky to Iowa and it was a pain to move. So much of a pain that we haven’t quite finished putting it together because Andy knows it will be a pain when we take it apart again. My goal with the treadmill is to teach Lily to walk on it so I don’t need to take her out this winter 😉
5. Go to the Iowa Blogging Conference. As soon as I arrived home from the back-to-back conferences in Texas, it was time to start preparing for another conference! Thankfully, the Iowa Blogging Conference will be held in Mason City, so I don’t have to travel too far!
How were your October goals?
What are your November goals?