This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
I’m not sure how to introduce this post except with my typical “Omg, can you believe it is finally THIS month?!” I feel like I introduce every single goals post that way, haha! Anyways, let’s just jump straight into my October goals recap and look at what I have planned for Novemeber!
1. Finish Financial Accounting class and start Managerial Accounting. Yup! I finished the Financial Accounting class with a B. I honestly wanted to quit at one point in the semester and went so far as to call the Academic Advising office to get the ball rolling, so I am incredibly proud of myself for sticking with it! 🙂
2. Study for the CLEP Marketing and Management exams. Well, I wouldn’t say I hard-cord studied, but I flipped through the guidebooks 😉
3. Go on a date this month/celebrate Andy’s birthday. Check! We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ate our weight in wings. 4. Organize my jewelry box. Yup! I love wearing jewelry now that it is organized and looks pretty 🙂 I ordered the Stackers line from The Container Store which was a little pricey, but worth it since it’s a customizable jewelry box!
5. Finish our honeymoon scrapbook. I didn’t quite get around to scrapbooking this month, but considering I did so many other projects, I’ll give myself a pass!
6. Finish a Bible stu dy. Yup! It’s an older study book called Victoriously Frazzled, but overall I really liked it.
7. Monogram my pink baseball cap. Nope. I learned it’s actually cheaper to buy a new ballcap on Etsy and have it monogrammed at the time of purchase than it is to monogram the cap I already own! So I donated my old hat to the Salvation Army and will buy a new one when it is closer to summer.
8. Have a “No Spend Weekend.” Yup! Well, I had to run an errand at Hobby Lobby, but I stuck exactly to my shopping list. I’m so proud! 🙂 So yes, I’m still counting this as a “No Spend Weekend.” 9. Spend a day shopping in Des Moines with my sister-in-law and nieces. Yup! We went shopping and they helped me pick a dress for Andy’s Battalion ball! Although moving to Iowa wasn’t our choice, living just a few hours’ from some of Andy’s siblings and nieces/nephews is a major perk! 10. Prepare our In Case of an Emergency binder. Yes! I lack a few minor details, but otherwise, it’s complete! This has been a project I have wanted to accomplish for years, so it is such a relief to be finished with it. As Andy said, “I hope all of your hard work goes to waste because I hope we never have to use it!” 11. Organize my closet. Since winter arrived in north Iowa early, I took advantage of needing to switch out winter and summer clothes by organizing my closet at the same time.
8 of 11 goals. I’m pretty proud of myself!
1. Work on Managerial Accounting class. So far I’m 2 weeks into the 8-week sub-term. Due to some of Andy’s Army things happening this winter, I’m hoping to finish this class a week or two earlier. Thankfully, the college I’m pursuing my second Bachelor’s degree through is familiar with the needs of non-traditional and military-affiliated students, so finishing it early is an option. 🙂
2. Study for the CLEP Marketing and Management exams. I am hoping to take these 2 CLEP exams at the beginning of January, so I need to flip through the study guides now and then in preparation!
3. Finish another Bible study. This particular Bible study is All Things New by Kelly Minter. I had started it last winter with a group from my church but ended up dropping out of the Bible study when winter hit.
4. Frame wedding invitations. Spoiler warning: I already finished this goal. I just wanted to add it to my list as proof that I did it 😉 5. Frame world and state maps. Another goal that I’ve already accomplished 😉
6. Make shadow boxes for Jamaica and Dominican Republic souvenirs. I’ve started this project by ordering prints of some photos from our trips.
7. Make honeymoon and Dominican Republic scrapbook. Not only do I need to scrapbook about our most recent vacation, but I also need to scrapbook about our honeymoon 2.5 years ago! Of course, to make the Dominican Republic scrapbook, I need to finish writing the blog posts about the DR! I have been the ultimate procrastinator on blogging about our trip, which is a shame because it was a wonderful vacation! I have been so busy that finishing those posts haven’t been my main priority. Once I complete these two scrapbooks, I need to scrapbook our first, second, and third years of marriage!
8. Make Excel document of e-courses and passwords. A third goal that I’ve already accomplished 😉
9. Have another “No Spend Weekend.” Looking at the month of November, there are two potential weekends that would make for perfect no-spend weekends. It gives me a good excuse to stay in my house all weekend 😉
10. Design our Christmas cards. I have struggled for weeks deciding which photo I want to use for this year’s card. I’m going to let Andy pick one of our 2018 photos for the card!
12. Make shadowbox of “date souvenirs.” Full disclosure: this is another goal that I’ve already accomplished 😉 I’m not sure exactly what to call this shadowbox, but I had kept trinkets from our entire relationship from our first date.
Did you accomplish your October goals?
What are your November goals?