This post may contain affiliate links. They don’t cost you anything, but earn me a small commission. Thank you for supporting Becoming Bailey!
You may notice that I accidentally took an unplanned 2-week break from blogging. The past few weeks have been incredibly busy for me, both professionally and personally, and I just haven’t had the energy to write a blog post. My days at the office are so busy that I come home from work utterly exhausted (which I love, but it makes it tough to be productive when I get home!) Plus, my trip to Kentucky last weekend zapped all of my energy. I didn’t arrive at my sister’s house until 3 am Saturday morning due to a flight delay, and then Saturday night was my friend’s wedding; after the reception ended, some other college friends and I hung out until the wee hours. Y’all, I was feeling my age! Anyway, in case you were wondering why I haven’t blogged in a while, that’s why.
Now that it is September, my college classes have started up once again! This semester I’m taking two intense Accounting classes: Financial Accounting in the first 8 weeks and then Managerial Accounting in the second 8 weeks. These two classes are so tough that Liberty automatically enrolls every student in the supplemental instruction class; they recommend studying 15 hours per week for the class! Needless to say, I’ll have my nose in the books until Christmastime. As much as I love blogging, my classes are a higher priority for me, so there won’t be as much content on my blog or social media as I would like.
1. Read 3 books this month. Yup! 🙂 2. Go on 2 dates this month. Yup! Both were “real” dates too– specifically concerts! One was Tenth Avenue North with church friends and the other was Taylor Swift (for free!! Thanks, VetTix!)
3. Start our honeymoon scrapbook. I’d like to say that I started this project, but I didn’t. And I’m okay with that! I ended up completely re-organizing my closet and the office instead.
4. Study for the UExcel Human Resource Management exam. I didn’t study as much as I would have liked, but that’s okay. Even if I don’t pass this exam, I’m content with taking the class through Liberty University.
5. Fly home to Kentucky for a friend’s wedding! Yes! I had a wonderful time 🙂
3 of 5 goals. Not too bad.
For the month of September, I decided to list my goals in order of priority. I would really love to say that my college classes aren’t #1 in my life, but in all honesty, if I don’t list them as #1 on my list I know I will find excuses to not study.
You’ll also notice the number of goals I made has decreased dramatically. I’ve realized that I can’t do it all. Something has to give! In this season of life, I work full-time and am studying part-time. I definitely don’t want to push my relationship with God or Andy to the back burner, which means less-important things like this blog will (unfortunately) suffer. Such is life!
1. Study for Financial Accounting class. Since my classes are 8-week classes, I can’t afford to waste any time! Next month, I will have just 3 weeks left of this class before this one ends and I start the next one.
2. Go on 2 dates this month. We have absolutely no dates planned for this month! We will probably go out to dinner to celebrate Andy’s graduation, but otherwise, who knows!
3. Attend the Women’s Retreat with my church. Lately, I feel like my relationship with God has not been as good as I would like it to be. When my church advertised an overnight women’s retreat, I jumped on it! I’m even taking a day off from work to attend– which is a big deal since I have minimal time off!
4. Write 6 blog posts. Since this blog is all about recording memories, I still want to take the time to write down these memories!
How were your August goals?
What are your September goals?